Welcome to the Writer's Draft! Please log in or register:
Welcome to the Writer's Draft! Please log in or register:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy Characters? Writer's Block? Mood Music? Evil Agents? Plot problems? We're here to help! Grab a seat, a pen or laptop, and join the discussion with your fellow aspiring writers.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi ~waves crazily~

Go down 
+4
jasperlover
Vampyr Reborn
plainpaper2
Time Guardian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Time Guardian
An Idea Ignites
Time Guardian

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty
PostSubject: Hi ~waves crazily~   Hi ~waves crazily~ EmptySeptember 26th 2009, 9:19 pm

Saw you guys mentioned in a comment in a blog somewhere, so I thought I would stop by and check you out.

The name's Pam, and I have numerous ideas languishing on a flash drive. One however has decided not to shut up, so it has been designated "Original idea #1 that has survived." I have been working on that off on now for about a year and a half now.

Have been interested in writing since I was very young, and even have been writing fanfiction now for the past nine years. It's whet my appetite for writing I will say that much.

Anyhoo, that is me in a nutshell. Nice to meet all of you, and I am sure I will be floating around more soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.journalfen.net/users/tg2008
plainpaper2
On World-Wide Book Tour
plainpaper2

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ~waves crazily~   Hi ~waves crazily~ EmptySeptember 26th 2009, 11:40 pm

Hey, nice to meet you too! Glad to have a new member, welcome! Hope to see you around the Draft! Smile
Back to top Go down
Vampyr Reborn
Basking in the Glory of Marvelous Literature
Vampyr Reborn

Number of posts : 4440
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ~waves crazily~   Hi ~waves crazily~ EmptySeptember 27th 2009, 4:44 am

Aloha Time Guardian! Welcome to the Draft!

Feel free to PM any one of us if you need help!

A year and a half eh? How far have you got with original idea #1?
Back to top Go down
jasperlover
jasperlover

Number of posts : 6316

Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ~waves crazily~   Hi ~waves crazily~ EmptySeptember 27th 2009, 12:25 pm

Welcome to the draft, Pam! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Time Guardian
An Idea Ignites
Time Guardian

Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ~waves crazily~   Hi ~waves crazily~ EmptySeptember 27th 2009, 12:30 pm

Original Idea #1 sits at 50k+ of words (thanks to NanoWriMo) has a pretty distinct skeleton and a beginning and end. Now I am trying to add meat to the bones. (that is where the other ideas fell off)

I've never gotten this far with an original idea, and it has excited, frustrated and fascinated me. I'm learning quite a bit about pacing and I am not even 1/3 into my "adding meat" phase.

The story is a romantic intrigue that is heavy on the mystery. (My fave genre to read, heard somewhere that you should write what you like.)
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Novel-Goddess

Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ~waves crazily~   Hi ~waves crazily~ EmptySeptember 27th 2009, 12:34 pm

Hey and welcome! Glad you could join us. I'm Novel, and I look forward to seeing youa round the boards.

That's cool that you're learning so much about pacing. That's always, I think, one of the hardest things to master. Luck to you! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.astheplotthickens.blogspot.com
Vampyr Reborn
Vampyr Reborn

Number of posts : 4440

Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ~waves crazily~   Hi ~waves crazily~ EmptySeptember 27th 2009, 4:00 pm

oOh! A romance with mystery! sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Apolla Savre
Second In Command
Second In Command
Apolla Savre

Number of posts : 4092

Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ~waves crazily~   Hi ~waves crazily~ EmptySeptember 29th 2009, 2:29 pm

Guten Tag (it's afternoon for me, but if it's not for you, I'm sorry) and I'm glad you found us. What blog comment was this, pray do tell? Link perhaps?

Anyway, I'm Apolla, our resident Star Wars afficionado, one of the members in love with Supernatural, and I'm a mod, so if you need help I'm one of the many people here to offer assistance. We're a fun bunch and very friendly, so don't be shy.

Alek: Get a group of writers and their characters together and it's pretty much nonstop fun.
Dean: Or all inside jokes
Luke: I'm Luke, not Apolla's character, but a friend of hers.
Dean: Oh yeah, I'm Dean, Apolla didn't create/doesn't own me, but we're great friends
Dante: Same category as Luke and Dean, I'm Dante. Nice to meet you.
Alek: I am Apolla's character. I'm Aleksandr, but you may call me Alek. The four of us often add to Apolla's post.
Dante: Personally, I think we add something to it
Dean: You certainly don't subtract anything from it
Dante: Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://apolla-savre.livejournal.com
Time Guardian
An Idea Ignites
Time Guardian

Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ~waves crazily~   Hi ~waves crazily~ EmptySeptember 29th 2009, 9:11 pm

It was a year old post over at inkygirl's blog: http://www.inkygirl.com/critique-group-survey/#comment-5108

I had been searching for critique groups (long and short of it is the nearest ones to me are close to an hour away by car at our local university and with osteoarthritis my knee, walking is not fun, and - I'm too much of a coward to try and start a crit group on my own. -_-;; pale )

Someone mentioned this place in the comments of her post on crit groups, and well here I am. Smile

Meanwhile the manuscript beckons...I must not surf....I must not facebook....Razz
Back to top Go down
JB
Queen of the Quill
Queen of the Quill
JB

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ~waves crazily~   Hi ~waves crazily~ EmptySeptember 29th 2009, 9:21 pm

Hello Time Guardian Smile
I'm JB and this site's Admin. Welcome! It's great to have you here.
If you have any questions or problems, feel free to pm me anytime. Also, make sure you read the forum rules (located in the first section of the forum) so you know how things run and such (it won't take long).
Hopefully you enjoy it here!

I should take your advice... I have to get offline... but can't Shocked...

Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
https://thewritersdraft.forumotion.com
EireRince
Starting the First Draft
EireRince

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ~waves crazily~   Hi ~waves crazily~ EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 8:33 am

Time Guardian wrote:

The story is a romantic intrigue that is heavy on the mystery. (My fave genre to read, heard somewhere that you should write what you like.)

Hiya Pam! I like this idea of yours - it's right up my alley, reading wise. A bit of fantasy is always good, too. I've been working on my "idea #1" for about the same amount of time.

So um, welcome! Have a look around, we dont bite...hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ~waves crazily~   Hi ~waves crazily~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi ~waves crazily~
Page 1 of 1